RE: [World] Using a hydrant

Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:30:55 -0500
Authentication-results cox.net; none

Hey Gary  sorry for the slow response.  I was without Phone or email over the weekend (mandatory wife time J)

Logan and Dan  are right I meant to say Manifold system . The one you would want is a series of 2.5” pipe T’s connected together  and plugged at the end. Then on all  the down’s of the T’ you would have a reducer from 2.5” to  1” and either a bunch of hose bib’s or house spigot’s or facets.   You can build one with 10 garden hook ups for about 60.00.  I have made and used many of these for fire department  neighborhood water parties. If you want I can send links of all fittings you would need that you can get at home depot.

To get the permission to use the hydrant. Typically you would just need to call the  city water department  and they will just come out and slap a meter on a hydrant and when you done and they get the reading and send  you the bill.

Matt

Window Pro

Omaha NE