RE: [World] NYC Rescue

Date Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:25:15 -0500

A news release by a Canadian company references that story last month on the scaffold rescue at the Hearst Tower in Manhattan.

http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/window-washing-safer-than-driving-a-taxi-276741.htm

I’m not sure it’s a compelling news release, but they raise a couple of interesting points – one of which is a reminder that only one North American window cleaner died in a fall year.

What really jumps out at me it the statement that the permanent installation at the Hearst Tower “cost over $3 million dollars”.

Surely there aren’t too many other buildings with $3m PI setups, but there are many, many tall buildings out there.

Obviously there’s a lot of money at stake when the high rise people struggle over standards, training, height limits, etc.

Many millions of dollars – I wonder if anyone even knows.

Thanks,

Gary Mauer

Window Cleaning Network

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA

Window Cleaning Network Picnic – Weekend of July 27!

Three stories about the scaffold rescue 45 floors up on the Hearst Tower in Manhattan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2340519/Window-washers-trapped-hanging-scaffolding-collapsed-New-York-City-skyscraper.html

http://www.wibw.com/home/nationalnews/headlines/WATCH-LIVE-NYC-Firefighters-Rush-To-Window-Washers-In-Distress-211258881.html

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/workers-rescued-from-broken-scaffolding-outside-hearst-building-1.5468956