RE: [World] ALL scratches grow wider and more visible - learned that at GPD.

Date Tue, 2 Jul 2013 22:38:09 -0500

Don’t be distracted by those irrelevant old junk science/glass myth articles about old glass.

This is something new to our industry - it’s something that actually matters a lot.

Scratches slowly grow more visible.

They look worse LATER than they did when they were new, and window cleaners HAVE to understand this to stay out of trouble:

1 - Tempered glass scratches stop growing wider (and more visible) at about 16 hours.

My understanding is tempered scratches can end up about 10x worse than at first.

2 – Annealed glass scratches grow more slowly – but keep growing for up to 14 days – and ultimately they grow nearly as bad as tempered.

My understanding is annealed scratches end up 8x or 9x wider than at first.

Thanks,

Gary Mauer

Window Cleaning Network

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA

Window Cleaning Network Picnic – Weekend of July 27!