Re: [World] "Screen Burn", CC 550 and hazing - tin etch haze and sun haze.

From Philip Bell <addressis@removed>
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 07:56:26 -0500

I have used sodium hydroxide occasionally and never had any problem with
the glass hazing. I have had some good luck with CC550, but have also had
to replace some glass a couple times. Nothing serious, but still an
aggrivation. I avoid using CC550 now. My crews prfer to use 0000 steel
wool. It doesn't do as complete a job but there is less chance for damage
and there is no mess.

Phil Bell
Bell window cleaning
Concord, NH